Martin Veltkamp’s gardens are maintenance-friendly, but not maintenance-free. It is very important to maintain the garden in order to preserve it. You can do this yourself, but you can also employ Martin Veltkamp Tuinen’s competent gardeners. They are professionals who know what the envisioned end result for the landscape design should look like and how to maintain it.
The plants are still vulnerable in the first year after your garden is installed and they require extra attention and maintenance. The trees, bushes and perennials are still directing a lot of energy towards growing new roots, in order to be able to optimally grow in their new location. For this reason, it is advisable to allow the creators of your garden to maintain it during this first year.
Once the plants have settled, it is important to adjust the garden maintenance to its ‘long-term view’. This way, the garden can develop the way you imagined it when it was designed. We advise to let our gardeners provide maintenance for your garden at least once a year. This way, they’re able to make essential adjustments to the plants.
The gardening company associated with Martin Veltkamp Tuinen employs competent gardeners, who are specialised in the maintenance of your garden. They can take care of the maintenance of your garden with you or for you.
We offer various options for this, based on your needs and wishes.
- occasional maintenance (think of mowing/watering while you are on holiday or cleaning your terrace)
- yearly maintenance appointment (think of speciality pruning in your garden, which you would rather leave to the experts)
- multiple yearly maintenance appointments (divided into a spring appointment in March/April, trimming the hedges and other maintenance in the summer months June-September and pruning and getting your garden winter-ready during the winter appointment in November/December.)
- lawn maintenance (think of fertilisation of your lawn, scarifying and airing the lawn when necessary and mowing and stitching the sides of your lawn)
- complete year-round maintenance (full maintenance of your garden, A to Z, completely following your wishes)
If you would like to know more about the maintenance of your garden, you can call us at +31 (0) 10 521 70 40 or fill out our contact form for a meeting without any obligations.